Field Assistant – South East Sask
Caltech is owned and run by professional land surveyors and project managers passionate about providing industry-leading service. Our company has grown from just two people in 1990 to a large and diverse group of over 150 hardworking innovators who continually strive to be better. While we pride ourselves on using some of the latest and best technology and software, it is our people who enable us to complete projects to the highest standard of excellence our customers expect.
Here’s your chance to be a part of our dynamic and collaborative team! If you love working outdoors while gaining hands-on experience, the Field Assistant position is the perfect career for you. Don’t worry if you have no experience; we will teach you! You’ll work alongside and learn from some of the most experienced industry leaders.
We offer a challenging and rewarding workplace, the opportunity for professional development, competitive compensation, a loaded benefits package, and extensive safety training.
We are looking for Field Assistants in Redvers, Storthoaks, Carievale, Gainsborough, Antler, Wauchope, Manor, Carlyle, Maryfield and Fleming!
What will you be doing?
- Assisting Survey Party Chiefs with the provision of accurate and timely field data collection
- Operating survey instruments, GPS and computer
- Operating ATVs, UTV, snowmobile, company truck, jackhammer, pipe locators
- General equipment maintenance
- Participating in Caltech Survey Ltd.’s health and safety program, including COVID-19 mitigation policies
What do you need?
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to work extended hours or flexible work hours
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs in weight
- Must be capable of working outdoors under varied weather conditions
- Maintain current drivers’ license and acceptable driver’s abstract as per company policy
- Able to take the initiative as well as work in a team environment and follow instructions
- Possess excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to pass drug and alcohol testing as needed to access work sites
Interested? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s talk!
We are committed to establishing and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace, particularly for those who have been historically excluded from and underrepresented in the workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including indigenous peoples, persons of colour, persons with disabilities, women in under-represented roles, 2SLGBTQ+ persons, and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code.