Caltech is owned and run by professional land surveyors and project managers passionate about providing industry-leading service. Our company has grown from just two people in 1990 to a large and diverse group of over 150 hardworking innovators who continually strive to be better. While we pride ourselves on using some of the latest and best technology and software, it is our people who enable us to complete projects to the highest standard of excellence our customers expect.
We are now looking to add a talented CAD Technicians to our team in Alberta, Saskatchewan and British Columbia! If you are motivated by success, career growth potential and a great team, we encourage you to apply today!
Why work for Caltech?
We offer a challenging and rewarding workplace, and provide excellent pay, a generous bonus structure, a comprehensive benefits package and many opportunities for growth. We understand work / life balance and push ourselves to create strong teams that can take on any project. We use the most current technology and we have made professional career development a key part of our strategic plan.
What will you be doing?
As a CAD Technician with Caltech, you will be responsible for the development and preparation of survey drawings including well sites, subdivisions, pipelines, individual ownership, and crossing plans. Your duties will include:
- Interpreting field notes, sketches, legal plans, air photos, and digital data;
- Completing survey computations including GPS, conventional data processing and calculations necessary for establishing legal boundaries and construction layouts;
- Operating computer-assisted design (CAD) and drafting workstations;
- Preparing plans to be submitted to the Land Registry Office and Sustainable Resources Development;
- Completing documentation packages and produce drawing sets;
- Completing general mapping and drafting duties including CAD and ArcGIS mapping;
- Ensuring drafting standards, procedures, overall data quality, and integrity are met;
- Completing first office checks of all existing and proposed wells, pipelines, legals, etc. by using government sites such as ISC and IRIS;
- Ensuring everything required of the field survey has been completed and is correct. Contact with field crews for missing sightlines, field conditions, etc.
What do you need to succeed in this role?
- Completion of the Geomatics diploma program / Engineering Design and Drafting Technology diploma and/or equivalent experience;
- 2 – 5 years’ experience drafting or mapping legal plans and oil and gas plans (Intermediate CAD Technician), 5+ years experience (Senior CAD Technician)
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3-D and/or Microsurvey coordinate calculation software;
- Experience with processing survey data (Trimble preferably);
- Active participation in Caltech Survey Ltd.’s health and safety program;
- Have the ability to identify and set priorities and possess effective time management skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong commitment to excellence, attention to detail and professional development.
It would also be an asset if you had:
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS Software;
- Understanding of Western Canada Township setup (DLS);
- Understanding of field survey and traversing;
- Prior field experience;
- An understanding of the requirements for plan submissions to ISC and/or Sustainable Resource Development.
Interested in hearing more? Send your resume to email@example.com
We are committed to establishing and maintain a diverse and inclusive workplace, particularly for those who have been historically excluded from and underrepresented in the workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including indigenous peoples, persons of color, persons with disabilities, women in under-represented roles, 2SLGBTQ+ persons, and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code.