Quality Assurance Specialist (Plan Checker)
Caltech is owned and run by professional land surveyors and project managers passionate about providing industry-leading service. Our company has grown from just two people in 1990 to a large and diverse group of over 150 hardworking innovators who continually strive to be better. While we pride ourselves on using some of the latest and best technology and software, it is our people who enable us to complete projects to the highest standard of excellence our customers expect.
We are now looking to add experienced Plan Checkers to our teams in Saskatchewan and Alberta! If you are motivated by success, career growth potential and a great team, we encourage you to apply today!
We offer a challenging and rewarding workplace, and provide competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and many opportunities for growth. For us work-life balance means working hard and playing hard; our clients and our people are our focus. We use the most current technology and have made professional development a key part of our strategic plan.
What will you be doing?
As a Plan Checker, you will be responsible for the quality assurance & quality control of the Survey Plans received from the CAD department. You will ensure plans are correct and that they conform to Caltech’s high internal standards, Federal, Provincial & Municipal regulations, industry licensing requirements and Land Titles registration requirements. Your duties will include:
- Ensure overall quality assurance & quality control of Plans;
- Review Plans for completeness & accuracy using Caltech & industry standards of practice; including applicable provincial land surveying Acts, Manual of Standard Practice & industry licensing requirements;
- Conduct calculations & comparisons to ensure Plan numerical information is correct and that data is based on the correct governing evidence assessment;
- Note errors & omissions on the Plans and note modifications;
- Ensure survey data processing was done correctly;
- Review titles & all title documents; check with appropriate land titles and/or crown Public Land Standing Report;
- Communicate with Field Crew and / or Project Manager to verify information;
- Complete the Plan Checker Checklist;
- Maintain familiarity with current survey & checking techniques, as well as maintain current knowledge of legislation and codes and suggest updates to quality control checklists as needed;
- Other duties are required.
What do you need to succeed in this role?
- Diploma in Geomatics Technology, OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD & / or Microsurvey coordinate calculation software.
- Active participation in Caltech Survey Ltd.’s health and safety program.
- Strong commitment to excellence, attention to detail and time management.
- It would also be an asset if you had:
- Experience with wellsite and pipeline surveys for the oil & gas industry.
- Familiarity with pipeline project CAD products such as legal survey plans, construction survey plans & as-built data.
- An understanding of the requirements for plan submissions to Provincial and Federal Regulatory bodies.
Interested in hearing more? Send your resume to email@example.com
Caltech Surveys is committed to establishing and maintain a diverse and inclusive workplace, particularly for those who have been historically excluded from and underrepresented in the workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including indigenous peoples, persons of color, persons with disabilities, women in under-represented roles, 2SLGBTQ+ persons, and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code.